District/School Parent Involvement Policy
TUSD staff value families as partners, working together to support student academic success.
Parents are invited to jointly develop the district and school improvement plans through community forums and school site councils.
Interpretation and translation provided as requested.
Kellond Elementary School
6606 E. Lehigh Drive
Tucson, AZ 85710
Parents have the right and responsibility to partner with their child’s school. For concerns or complaints http://www.tusd1.org/Information/Concerns-and-Complaints
Title I budget and program information will be shared by the principal at Open House during the Annual Title I Meeting stating interventions to be used for supporting students in addition to curriculum, assessments, requirements for proficiency and how parents can support the learning needs of students and opportunities for engagement.
Schools will use a survey and evaluate the results to determine topics of interest to parents. Workshops available at schools and Family Resource Centers.
Evaluation and revision of school parent involvement policy, and school, parent compact will occur at the winter site council meeting or Action Team for Partnership Meeting.
Transition information for families to make school selection choices shared by district and school staff.
FLEXIBLE MEETING TIMES AND LOCATIONS
School personnel will provide a variety of meeting times and locations for activities to serve all families along with one-to-one meetings as needed.
BUILDING PARENTAL CAPCITY TO SUPPORT STUDENT SUCCESS
Title I staff provide technical support during the summer and quarterly to Title I schools in the planning and implementing of effective family engagement activities to improve student achievement. Strategies to increase the participation of families from a diversity of backgrounds and experiences is included. Staff will encourage and invite parents to support student learning in the following ways:
Annually school staff will use a survey to assess the needs of parents to help with the learning of their children. Suggestion boxes are available on line and at each school site throughout the year.
On-going communication including parent, teacher conferences is a commitment by school staff to keep families informed of student progress. Conferences are conducted in a variety of ways during first and third quarters.
Each family volunteers quarterly for parent-teacher conferences, student performances, workshops and other opportunities provided.
LEARNING AT HOME
Each semester a family friendly event is offered to inform parents on skills, strategies, resources and ways families can participate in helping students academically. Workshop topics include literacy, math, science, college and career readiness.
Parents are informed of options during first quarter outlining how to participate as decision makers in the school community. Each semester school staff will provide parents information about parent activities, school improvement planning, site council decisions, and community events.
COLLABORATING WITH THE COMMUNITY
Each month parents receive information about resources available through the TUSD Family Resource Centers, and other agencies made available at schools, centers, online on the TUSD website.
TUSD Kellond Elementary School Compact
Kellond Teachers will:
· Daily provide high quality instruction to meet state standards.
· Communicate regularly with parents of students to inform and look for effective ways to support student progress. Parents will have reasonable access to staff.
· Encourage parent participation, create volunteer opportunities, and be accessible to families to discuss student achievement.
Parents of Students Attending will:
· Communicate with school staff to report absences, late arrivals, and inquire about student progress.
· Participate in school functions and volunteer at least twice during the school year.
· Monitor parental access page to support student learning.
Students Attending will:
· Regularly communicate with the teacher regarding questions and concerns.
· Turn in all homework and class assignments as required, on time.
· Maintain excellent attendance and dedicate time each day to reinforcing learned concepts.
Tucson, Az 85710
Building an inclusive community to promote academic success and inspire lifelong learners.
Right to Know
Dear Kellond Family:
We are pleased to notify you that in accordance with the Every Student Succeeds Act, you have the right to request information regarding the professional qualifications of your child’s teacher. Specifically, you may request the following:
● Whether the teacher has met State qualification and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction.
● Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or other provisional status through which State qualification or licensing criteria has been waived.
● The baccalaureate degree major of the teacher and any other graduate certification or degree held by the teacher, and the field of discipline of the certification or degree.
● Whether the child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications.
If you would like to receive this information, please feel free to contact Ms. Meneguin at (520) -584-5100, and she will be happy to assist you.
| Privacy Statement
Copyright 2021 – SchoolDesk